Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Newsbrief: No Time to Split

...I use my time unwisely.

It's Monday, and it's also been a week since the last time I posted, so I thought it would be appropriate to discus what's going on right now. Before we get into that, I wanted to update a few things. First off, I'm on Twitter now. Well I guess it would be more appropriate to say I am using my Twitter now. I had created a while back but pretty much forgot about it the second I signed up. If you feel like stalking me, or just want to be one of my followers, there's now a link to it in my links section on the sidebar. Secondly, I'm still trying to increase site traffic so if anyone has any ideas on how I can promote this place, send a comment to me at the end of this post. I already use Facebook and Twitter now so I need something other than that. I'm thinking of doing a giveaway as well, so keep your eyes peeled for more info on that too. Lastly, I'm also now writing for the Sakurahana Anime Network's blog too. I haven't done a whole lot there yet, but there's a good mix of stuff both anime and gaming related there, as well as some other miscellaneous things, so go check them out too!

Alright on to the news.

Timesplitters 4 Not In Development




Dashing the hopes of many fans, Crytek UK confirmed on Sunday that they are not currently developing Timesplitters 4. The development team has reportedly spent all it's money on monkeys (though they did clarify to say the game was not in development.) For the past few years teaser art has leaked here and there, and there were rumors in 2010 that developers were talking with publishers about getting the game released. It's a real shame too, because Timesplitters has a reputation has one of the finest first person shooter franchises from the last generation of consoles. However the series has not been seen on this batch of consoles, and it now seems as if the franchise may be in danger of disappearing altogether.

Bethesda Announces First Skyrim DLC



Bethesda announced, alongside their release of Kinect functionality, the first downloadable content for Elder Scrolls V:: Skyrim. Dawnbreaker will release at some point this summer, and is a timed exclusive to the Xbox  360. Details are scarce as of now, Bethsda only confirmed the DLC and announced that more details will come at E3. Given that Bethesda has said that the DLC for Skyrim will be more like expansion packs, this could be a fairly sizable chunk of new content headed our way. Some leaked files have pointed to snow elves and crossbows, but for now it seems we will have to do a little more waiting to see what Bethesda is up to.

Black Ops 2 Confirmed



The UK site for Call of Duty has confirmed the newest installment in the franchise is Black Ops II. The site says the game will "Push the boundaries of what fans have come to expect from the record setting franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops II propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold war, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare." A trailer and screenshots are listed as "coming soon" on the site.

Nvida Announces New $999 Flagship Card



Last week, Nvidia teased a coming announcement. Now we know what they were hiding. Nvidia peeled off the covers on their new flagship graphics card, the GeForce GTX 690. The sleek new card is touted to have the performance of two GTX 680's tied together. The performance chart that Kotaku shared boasted some extremely impressive FPS stats. The card will be released on May 3rd and can be yours for the low low price of $999.


Image sources:
#1. http://nexus404.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads2/2012/04/TimeSplitters-4-logo.jpg
#2. http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17lazeg6svbvejpg/original.jpg
#3. http://cdn4.spong.com/news/c/a/callofduty368739l/_-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-Website-Launches-Release-Date-Confirmed-_.jpg
#4. http://www.gamersdailynews.com/userfiles/image/2012/April/GeForceGTX690.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment